The Alternative Approach to Memory Care
Points of Difference
Families have many choices when it comes to selecting the best place to call home for a family member with memory loss. The innovative Transitions Program was created for older adults with early memory loss, who can benefit from a highly engaging and socially interactive environment.
The Transitions program provides mentally and socially engaging activities which meet the following goals:
- Tap into long term memory
- Promote brain fitness
- Build “cognitive reserve” in the brain
- Improve physical and emotional well-being • Engage in meaningful social interaction
- To provide an engaging social envi- ronment, where residents will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities that best suit their individual needs.
- Participants in the Transitions program will benefit from daily accomplishments, independence, joyfulness and the building of cognitive reserves through their participation in the program.
- Transitions provides a holistic approach for older adults who may
not be ready for a dedicated Memory Care environment. The activities chosen for the program are selected based upon individual interests and current research findings which demonstrate positive physical and emotional benefits for participants. Daily participation in the program may enable residents to continue enjoying a more independent lifestyle within the community.
As with the Generations Memory Care program, Transitions exemplifies person- centered care. This means personal interests, hobbies, and special needs are incorporated into daily activities, which enhance social, physical, mental, creative, and spiritual well being. The Transitions program is located within the Assisted Living neighborhood, for
all residents to explore the benefit of therapeutic fitness.
Our Transitions Coordinator will develop and lead group therapeutic activities each day. To measure the success of this innovative program residents are re-evaluated on a continuous basis. Residents will enjoy day to day life in a secure, familiar and enriching environment.